Monday, February 15, 2010

Big, Huge, Ginormous and/or tiny, itsy, bitsy news....

So, I know, I'm not getting off to a very good start with my new blog. My goal was to blog every day, but perhaps that was a bit ambitious.

There have been just a few other things going on in our lives the past few weeks. This was the second year we'd applied for Joel to attend law school (and I say we because I spent as many hours proofreading essays as he did writing them), and last year were accepted to Elon Law, but didn't want to move to Greensboro. So we decided to go for it again, and see what happened. Well, we were supposed to hear from Duke in mid-December. Here it is, February, and still we haven't heard the first word. He applied to Carolina for early-admission to hear January 15 at the latest - nothing. Campbell was supposed to let him know on January 15th as well. That date came and went with no news. We did get an email a few weeks later saying that the admissions committee was so divided on his application that they would have to review it again. The meeting was set for the following Monday. Then it snowed. And we all know how snow affects things here in Raleigh, so the meeting was cancelled. 2 more weeks passed. Finally, Joel checked the admissions website on a whim, and sure enough there was some news. He sent it to me in an email - ACCEPTED - CONGRATULATIONS!

I was shocked. After hearing that the admissions committee had to review his file again, I had kind of resolved myself that he wasn't going to get in again, and it was time for him to start looking for a job again. But there it was: ACCEPTED. If you know me, you know that it takes me some time to get used to big changes in my world. This was a big change, at least in my head. But I'm so proud of my husband, and in the fall he's taking the next step to his dream job - the FBI.

As if that wasn't enough change to incorporate into our lives at once, we got some other news a few weeks ago as well. A few select people know this, and we just told our parents this weekend, but we are PREGNANT! We've been told that we're due at the end of September, but we have our first ultrasound on Wednesday and I guess they'll give us a little better idea on a date. So, needless to say, Joel is giddy. He can't stop smiling. He can't keep his mouth shut. It's cute, and it kinda cracks me up a bit. I think I could be giddy, if I could get rid of this feeling of nausea and being so tired all the time. Someone told me it's like your body is climbing a mountain every day, and that's definitely how it feels. It's not even 11am yet, and I could take a nap right now.

Our little kidney bean was definitely a surprise, but we're thrilled! Our families are both really excited, and it's so much fun to share this with them! My grammy is going to be a great-grandma for the first time, and she can barely contain herself. I love it! It has taken a bit of getting used to, and I can't promise that I won't be bitter about not being able to eat things that I love, like sushi, goat cheese, and wine... but I guess it's not forever, and women have been doing it for centuries, so I can probably make it.

Anyhow, there you have it... our little, tiny, Huge, Ginormous news. It's been a crazy few weeks, and I'm so glad to finally be able to share it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment