Sunday, January 31, 2010

February.... already?

It's hard to believe that tomorrow it will already be February. This year is already flying by, and I can't imagine how fast the rest of it will go. There are big things brewing for this year. I can't really divulge them yet, but I promise, they won't disappoint.

By the way, I'm not sure who I'm actually talking to - I don't think that anyone really reads this blog. And while that is nice, and allows me quite a bit of freedom to say whatever I want, I would love to know you're there if you're reading. So take just a second to stop and say hi, won't you?

I've been enjoying this weekend - full of doing absolutely nothing but watching movies and staring at the white flakes falling from the sky. I guess we had about 4 inches of snow if the amount of accumulation on the roof is correct. Yesterday we ventured out to Target for some butter and baking soda so that I could finish making the banana bread I started earlier in the morning. I'll post that recipe at the end, because it's the best banana bread I've ever tasted. If you want to get real crazy, you could add some chocolate chips, and it's just to die for!

Today, Joel and I headed to Barnes and Noble for an afternoon date of reading books and mags in the comfy chairs there. But it seems that a lot of other people had the same idea, and there were no comfy chairs to be had. So we made do at the little cafe table, and enjoyed our time there anyway. I know, we live such a thrilling life, right?

So, without further ado, the banana bread recipe: (Preheat oven to 325)

1 c white sugar
1/2 c light brown sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
2 c flour
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp milk
1 tsp baking soda
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
1 stick butter, melted

Cream together the white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Add flour a little at a time. Add vanilla, milk, and baking soda. Add melted butter. If you want nuts (or chocolate chips) add them last.
Bake at 325 for about an hour (really depends on your bread pan for the time). This makes one loaf for my bread pans, but could make 1 large and 1 small loaf if your pans are smaller. Larger loaf pans take about 1hr 20 min to bake.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if my banana bread's always dry because I bake it too hot...or don't really measure...

    Thanks for the recipe and for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading! And if I tell Adam, he'll read it too. Just don't want to tell anyone about the blog that you don't want to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the recipe. I love banana bread! I like mine kind of doughy in the center.

    That B&N date sounds great. Too bad the comfy chairs were gone!

    ReplyDelete